Stay top of mind with your social network with thoughtful social media posts about your cooking practice.
General social media tips
- Invite friends, neighbors, and co-workers in your cooking geography to promote your cooking practice.
- Post in your personal Facebook and Instagram accounts about Dinner Elf. If you create your own page, you'll need to re-invite all of your friends to follow you.
- Make Facebook posts about Dinner Elf public so friends can share them.
- Always link posts back to your chef page on the Dinner Elf site.
- Use a service like Hootsuite to pre-schedule posts across multiple services (e.g. Facebook, Instagram).
- Don't post frequently in Nextdoor or Facebook neighborhood groups (they'll ban you for spam).
- Many customers give Dinner Elf before they get it themselves, so post frequently about gift packages and group gifts.
Monthly post ideas
| Help with Thanksgiving
||This Thanksgiving, let Dinner Elf be a helping hand to your holiday hostess. Send a Holiday Gift package, starting at just $50. Your recipient can book me at a convenient time to take a break from cooking. Use code REFERRAL CODE to add $10 to any gift. Gift now: https://www.dinnerelf.com/giving/|
| Office Holiday Gifts
|| Are you the person who buys gifts for the office? We offer gift packages, starting at just $50, that will take your employee holiday gifts from blah and boring to home-cooked and magical. Use code REFERRAL CODE to add $10 to any gift you purchase. Try us this holiday season: https://www.dinnerelf.com/giving/
| Gifts of Home-Cooked Love
|| This holiday season, consider a gift of Dinner Elf! With gift packages starting at just $50, give everyone on your nice list some #HomeCookedLove. Use code REFERRAL CODE to add $10 to any gift you purchase. Gift now: https://www.dinnerelf.com/giving/
| Give a Real Elf!
||Give a real Elf this year! Starting at just $50, give a Dinner Elf to prepare a home-cooked meal for a friend including ingredients, cooking and clean up! Use code REFERRAL CODE to add $10 to any gift you purchase. Gift now: https://www.dinnerelf.com/giving/|
General post ideas
Beyond monthly ideas, sprinkle in more personal posts.
- Explain what you do: “For less than takeout, I shop, cook in your home, and clean up.”
- Touch on pain points: Customers use Dinner Elf for busy workweeks, after the birth of a child, when a spouse is traveling, after surgery, or to help weather a long-term illness.
- Provide great visuals: Post photos from our big menu. Highlight specialty menus, such as Whole30, Party Bites, etc. Use dinner photos, our social media, and blog posts for sources.
- Customer stories: Without violating customer privacy, highlight your reviews and customer stories (e.g. “Loved whipping up some homemade hot pockets for Amy H. and her family in Louisville today!”)
- Hashtags: Add #FixDinner #HomecookedLove
Dinner Elf social media
Follow, tag, and share Dinner Elf in your posts.