The following items will be needed for your appointments. Order early!
- Purchase: Buy them now
- Reimbursed: After appointments
Dinner Elf recipes are designed to fit into 28 oz containers produced by CuBE Plastics, which are both microwave and dishwasher safe.
Purchase your own containers. You'll be reimbursed at $.50/each for containers used. Some options for ordering:
- Best option - Dean Supply (CUB927B containers and lids): $75 for 150 delivered ($.50/each)
- Alternate - MrTakeOutBags (XFSCR-28B-VL containers and lids): $80 for 150 shipped ($.54/each)
- Alternate - A local restaurant supply store, like Ace Mart in Texas (CR-928BB bottoms and CRL-92 lids): $25 for 50 for pick-up in multiple locations ($.50/each)
If you're out of containers and need some immediately, get more expensive containers at the grocery store en route to your appointment. Keep in mind you'll only be reimbursed at $.50/container. Look for something close to 3.5 cup containers (28 oz) like these 3 cup Ziploc containers.
- For new customers, you'll often need around 12 containers per appointment.
- Encourage repeat customers to leave out clean containers from previous orders for reuse.
- Feel free to use customers' permanent containers if they request this in lieu of plastic containers.
- On your appointment page, you'll supply the number of containers used in your appointment and reimbursed at $.50/container (up to the quantity shown in your staples list).
⚠️ Many customers expect you to supply containers, especially for their first appointments. Make sure you bring them.
- Cost: Free
For every appointment, leave a menu card for your customer standing up on their counter.
Back (add your customer's menu, referral code, note, and check off items)
Menu cards are supplied to you at no cost. If you're running low, request blocks of 50 for delivery in about a week.
To build trust and give customers a consistent experience, we recommend the following attire.
> Branded hats
- Cost: 2 free for new chefs, $15/each for extra
> Non-branded chef coats
- Cost: Purchase two (long or short sleeved; total of 2)
- Reimbursed: You'll get reimbursed $40 after your first appointment
> Dark pants and dark shirt
- Cost: You purchase them
PayPal card (optional)
- Cost: Free
We recommend you use a PayPal cash card linked to your PayPal account so money goes out (grocery purchases) and comes in (reimbursements) from the same account. Keep a PayPal balance over $200 to cover any grocery bill.
- Cost: You purchase them
Customers are required to supply some big cooking tools, but you'll need to supply the following items.
- cooking thermometer
- disposable cooking gloves
- cutting board sheets (good if your customer doesn't have two cutting boards)
- chopping and pairing knife
- set of measuring cups/spoons
- can opener
- dual blade julienne & vegetable peeler/cutter/slicer
- hand masher
- dish brush
- cleaning wipes
- smartphone (for GPS and taking photos)
The following items may be helpful to you for organization, speed, or safety.
Caddy - You’ll need to carry and organize your staples and cooking tools. “All Purpose Caddies” are available at most grocery stores and Amazon for under $10.
Mini fire extinguisher - You can purchase a small can for around $11 on Amazon to use if something catches on fire while cooking.
Baking sheets - Customers are asked to supply 2 baking sheets, but you may want to have an extra one available in case they don't (minimum 12” x 17”; rimmed sheets are preferred, see Amazon)
- Cost: Reimbursed (buy them as you go, reimbursed after every appointment)
- Use: At some appointments
Staples are shelf-stable items you can store in your home and use across multiple appointments.
💡Don't buy these staples now, as some aren't used much. Rather, buy them as you need them.
- All staples are available at normal grocery stores.
- Staples are reimbursed based on how much is used in each recipe.
- The most frequently used are olive oil, salt and black pepper.
Below is a list of most staples used in Dinner Elf recipes, but this list changes over time as recipes are added.
- all purpose flour
- aluminum foil
- baking powder
- baking soda
- balsamic vinegar
- coconut oil
- confectioners powdered sugar
- corn starch
- cumin (ground)
- curry powder
- dill weed
- dried cranberries
- fajita seasoning (bottle)
- farfalle pasta
- foil baking cups (with paper liners)
- foil cake pan with lid
- garam masala
- garlic powder
- golden raisins
- ground ginger
- ground mustard
- italian seasoned bread crumbs
- italian seasoning
- jasmine rice
- light brown sugar
- light olive oil
- minced garlic
- muffin liners
- old fashioned oats
- panko bread crumbs
- parchment paper
- parmesan bread crumbs
- peanut butter (to-go cups)
- pie pan
- plastic container
- pumpkin spice
- quick chili mix
- quick oats
- red pepper flakes
- red wine vinegar
- rice vinegar
- rotini pasta
- sesame oil
- sesame seed
- small macaroni noodles
- snack-size plastic bags
- soy sauce
- sweetened coconut flakes
- thin rice noodles
- unbleached white whole wheat flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- white vinegar